With the cost of post-secondary education at an all time high, there is a growing uncertainty about how today's high school student will pay for post high school training. Since 1971, Central Montco Technical High School has addressed the challenge of financing a college education. During that time, CMTHS has allocated in excess of $750,000 in financial aid to its graduating seniors. Through this competitive and privately funded scholarship program, CMTHS seniors have been able to attend a wide variety of post-secondary schools. Preparation for this scholarship commences with the first day at Central Montco Technical High School and culminates with the formal application for a scholarship, made in January of the senior year.
The Scholarship Committee considers the following information when evaluating applications:
• Overall grade point average.
• CMTHS grade point average.
• CMTHS instructor recommendation.
• Extracurricular activities and/or employment
• Financial needs.
• Good attendance.
• Student Essay
Students are also interviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
• American Institute of Design
• Art Institute of Philadelphia
• Cabrini College
• Chestnut Hill College
• Culinary Institute of America
• Drexel University
• East Stroudsburg University
• Elizabethtown College
• Gwynedd Mercy College
• Indiana University of Pennsylvania
• Johnson & Wales College
• Lincoln Technical Institute
• Montgomery County Community College
• Penn State University
• Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts
• Philadelphia University
• Pittsburgh Beauty Academy
• Temple University
• Thaddeus Stevens Trade School
• The Restaurant School at the College on Walnut Hill.
• University of Charleston
• University of Southern California
• University of Michigan